Monday, July 14, 2014

My 30th Birthday!

Turning 30 was not as scary as I though it would be.  I felt very spoiled and had a wonderful time, even though I told everyone I didn't want to do anything!  We had a few people over for drinks one night before the big day and my friend Melissa was so sweet and brought cupcakes to celebrate!  It was such a fun night, I love the chaos of having good friends and their children in our house.  

Boys and Babies

Girls and babies

Thomas liked having his picture taken!

What a cutie!

Beautiful cupcakes that Melissa made!

Blowing out my candles.

Special treats!

For my actual birthday I made Joel promise that he would throw me a party, which he was nice and didn't, but he did plan a whole day of surprises and activities.  He had 30 presents for me, yes I am spoiled, my favorite of which was a lime tree!  As you saw from a recent post, I am trying my hand at gardening so I was very excited about my new tree.  He also bought me a few herb plants to add to my collection!

There she is!

After a big homemade breakfast from Joel we set out for a day exploring Cayman.  First we took a drive out to the blow holes.  Probably not something you need on your must see list when visiting but when you live on a small island you take what you can get!  It was actually really fun exploring, we stopped in several dfferent locations along the way to search for shells and take in the sunny day.

Olive and I

There she blows!

After the blow holes we headed to the Pirate Caves.  This reminded me of China actually, just a really funny (and sort of depressing) zoo tour and playground with caves you can explore underneath.  The lady did not warn us about the bats and I accidently shined my flashlight on them thinking it was an outcropping of rock.  Joel was a head of me and when the rock moved I started screaming and running and Joel followed close behind.  Olive thought it was hilarious and laughed for like 5 minutes.  Not cool!

Heading into the caves.

Olive found a chew toy.

To round out our night, some good friends offered to watch Olive so Joel and I could have dinner alone.  We took them up on their offer because we do not get nights out alone very often!  We took Olive to play in the fountain at Caman Bay first so that she would be tired and sleep at our friends house. Then Joel took me for sushi and then dessert at another restaurant.

Fountain Baby!

Drying off.

Kisses for daddy.

With my girl!

It was such a fun filled day!  I was so loved and spoiled, and had my wonderful husband and beautiful baby girl to help celebrate!






No comments:

Post a Comment