Saturday, November 12, 2011

Oklahoma

After the girl's trip to Santa Fe my mom and I made the long road trip to Oklahoma to visit family... through Texas with a stop at Sonic and we were there!  The first night we had dinner with the whole fam at my Aunt and Uncle's house, including both my cousins who were in from college.  It was good timing to get to see everyone and hang out.  Most of our time spent in Oklahoma was shopping and eating and just catching up.
My mom and I went with my grandparents to their weekly dinner group, which was age 80 and up.  It was really fun, cocktail hour and then dinner at this old Oklahoma restaurant where they specialize in everything fried, especially the catfish.  One of my grandparents friends ordered the Chicken Fried Steak and it was enough for a family of 5 (see the pics!).  I had regular chicken fingers and they were so good, but also enough to feed a small country.
While we were there it was also my Aunt's birthday so we got a bunch of friends and family together for a dinner to celebrate.  Like I said, lots of eating and catching up on this trip. : )
Our last night in Ok my mom and her friend Laynie and I headed to Norman, where the University of Oklahoma is located, to visit my cousin Sarah who is in school there.  She is in the same sorority that my grandmother, my mom and I were all in.  (Go Kappa!).  It was so fun to get to shop and hang out and have dinner in Norman.  We went to the Mont which has been there forever for some swirls (margs mixed with sangria) and their famous queso, which is worth the trip to OK alone!
Before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye and we were off.  Back on the road for the long trip home to Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment