Thursday, August 4, 2011

A typhoon is coming...

Not just any typhoon, a level five super typhoon.  It is a little scary, all though we are a ways in land so we should be fine.  Just wanted to let everyone know that we have prepared a little (extra water, food, beer and a trip to the movie lady) so we should be set for this weekend.  The last few days we have been getting bits and pieces of the edge of it and it has been intense!  I have never seen sideways rain until now.  The lightening was hitting buildings and the thunder was shaking our windows.  Poor murph (a friends dog) was terrified and had to be cocooned in his kennel.  But so far each day when it has hit it only lasts about an hour.  Hopefully it will be the same when we get the full impact on Saturday.

The first day that it hit, I got home from bible study right as the rain started.  I called Joel because he had come home for lunch and I had missed him.  When I called him the wind was starting to pick up a bit and the lightening was getting really intense.  It turns out that right as he had gotten on the ferry to get back to work the lightening had started and the ferry couldn't go anywhere.  So Joel was just sitting on a Chinese ferry with no emergency exits (I have checked)  in a lightening and rain storm.  So I told him to get off the ferry and get his butt home.  Seriously it is about a 4 minute walk from the ferry to our back door and this is what showed up at my door...

I guess an umbrella doesn't help when the rain is coming in sideways.  Lol.
I will keep everyone posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment